Monday, August 25, 2014

My Day In A Nutshell

This weekend was pretty awesome.  Not only did I get hours and hours of belly laughs in with friends at the local bookstore which also included the introduction of the first edible pumpkin product of the year in the form of pumpkin cheesecake (DOH! I should have taken a picture.  Why do I ALWAYS forget to take the pictures?!?  Well, here is a picture of a cute cat instead),


but I also got in family time, church, and even a trip to the pool with my niece.  I also did a lot of work, but there will be plenty of that this week to report on.  I also finished the weekend with an episode of one of my all time favorite classic cartoons... The Flintstones!  I have been systematically watching the entire series.  I'm not binging on it though.  I want to spread it out and enjoy it.  Remember the days when you had to wait a week for the next episode of a show and you got to experience the excitement and anticipation of watching it again and you actually were completely focused on it and nothing else while it was on?  I hope you are old enough to know what that is like.  Kids these days really just don't get the full enjoyment of life anymore.  Probably why everyone is so angry and sad inside.  Anyway I watched the episode called The Golf Champion.  I've included the iTunes link to both the season and the individual episode if you'd like to watch along with me.  The best part is the Morse Code bit with the window blinds... HILARIOUS.  You'll just have to watch and see for yourself.

Anyway, I fell asleep pretty easily for me.  Of course the trash pickers all made their rounds and the loud teenagers were back.  Interestingly enough the smashers all shut up when I yelled at the top of my lungs without even getting up to "SHUT THE F&%$ up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  Not normally my style, but I can be pretty intimidating when I want to be.  I think they heard the potential to lose their trash picking limbs in my tone.  I'm the sweetest person you'll ever meet with a no nonsense attitude.  Of course the Rumpke truck also made his rounds and actually sat with the truck idling for quite some time annoyingly before he drove away.  I was too tired this time to get up and walk out on my porch and give him the look of death in my pajamas to get him to leave.  I have done it in the past though and it always works.  The mussed up hair is the added touch.   I don't understand why people are so inconsiderate and can't comprehend that there are children sleeping who have to get up and go to school in the morning.  Anyway, the mowers also showed up and all I can say is... I curse them ALL.  I seriously wish I had a wand right now.  Where is a Harry Potter character when you need them?  Luckily I did get to dream for a short time.  Know what my dream was about?  I dreamt that my dad and brother showed up in a truck to dig through the dumpsters looking for metal to take to the scrap yard and I wanted to go tell them that they were many car loads of trash pickers too late and to tell them to get there after midnight but before 1:00, but I was just too tired to do it and they couldn't hear me yelling.  Irony...

I knocked out a little laundry and cleared out a box from the hallway and actually managed to get my daily devotional reading taken care of.  I took a shower with the intention of filming today, but it is so stinking hot I decided to forget it.  I'm never happy with videos I make when it is humid anyway so why bother?  

I had 5 days worth of bookclub posts to catch up on.  Everyone who is reading this is invited to join.  We are starting September 1st, so there is plenty of time to get your book in hand.

I have the worst headache today.  Probably won't be very productive at all because of it.  It might be hormones, but it feel like a gluten headache although I didn't eat anything differently today and I'm not even that swollen today.  I have people around me that are sick, so I hope they haven't shared it with me.  I have been excessively tired lately though so it isn't really a good sign.  My eyes and ears also seem to be sensitive today.  Everything sounds super loud and the sun is too bright for my eyes.  I can only handle one ear bud in at a time today and they even feel uncomfortable in my ears more than usual.  I probably should take a nap.  Maybe I will.  Who am I kidding?  No I won't.  It's just a bummer when you have a lot you want to get done and have to just let your productivity crash and burn.  Guess I'll have to see you with more productive information on the flip side.


No comments:

Post a Comment