Friday, August 22, 2014

My Day In A Nutshell

Well, I slept a little better last night for about an hour and a half up until about 4:00 AM when I received a text alert warning from my local news station advising me of a potential threat of flash flooding.  I don't really know what the point of those warnings really are.  I mean I'm not about to get up unless I can hear the water coming and even then at this level of exhaustion it is highly unlikely.  aside from that isn't the whole reason that flash floods are dangerous is because you can't actually predict them and they come up on you so quickly so the idea that you can warn someone of the threat seems a bit contradictory.  It's the classic case of The Boy Who Cried Wolf basically.

It took hours before I fell back to sleep which means that again I didn't wake up until about 10:30.  I really don't like sleeping that late because I feel like I've lost a big portion of my day which to be honest is just me succumbing to societal pressure as if 8 to 5 really matters when it doesn't.  The truth is my days are actually much longer than everyone else's so I really don't know why they don't all get on board with my way of life.  It's much better if I do say so myself.  It still doesn't negate that fact that I feel a sense of anxiety when I'm not abiding by the 8 to 5 brainwashing.  I just have to admit that I only can really sleep between 7:30 and 10:30 and that just needs to be ok.  

Although it has been hot and humid this week the week prior was unusually cool and fall like.  I always forget that when the seasons change from summer weather to fall weather it zaps me of my energy and I always feel more tired during that time every year.  It just usually isn't in August that this happens.  So as always I will update you on what worked for me to help me get back to sleep.  Last night it was the Meditation Oasis podcast.  Guided Meditation for Patience was the episode of the night and I actually think I forgot to mention a few days ago using Sleep Meditation for Children.  I like to put them on repeat and just let them go.  If my brain is busy it gives it something to concentrate on that allows it to slow down and relax.  

So the first thing I did was bag up products for a delivery I have to make this evening.  Some of the products included were the 

 Houndstooth Fashion Print Memory Foam Slipper
Houndstooth Memory Foam Slipper


and the 


(these are used to sprinkle cinnamon on top of your favorite coffee drink)

Then I decided to knock out a few more episodes of Chelsea Lately.  I'm determined to get caught up so I can really enjoy the final episode with everyone else.

After that it was time to get a corndog cooking for my niece.  It is her favorite after school food.  She usually just has a snack or two and would only have a corndog once a week before her dance class, but this year she decided she would like them as her after school treat on Fridays.  Her way of starting the weekend off right.

We did of course squeeze in a few cartoons, but I will have to give you the details on those on Monday because I am off for a little girl's time!  See you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment