Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream Review

This is a review of the Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream.  I was sent the sample size in the "All Light Skin Tones" version.

It is a "flesh toned" cream that touts having "5 beautifying benefits in one moisturizer for a flawless appearance."
"5 visible results in 5 days!"
*Hydrates
*Illuminates
*Evens
*Firms
*Corrects

I have to say that for me this wins the "Most Over-hyped Product of 2014 Award".
I don't know about gradually improving skin over 5 days, but it definitely does not instantly visibly improve skin as you can clearly see below.  Not only does the side I applied the cream to not look at all improved or any more illuminated than before I applied the cream, it actually doesn't even look any more moisturized than the half I didn't apply any cream to.  Typically when you apply a moisturizer to dry skin you can at least clearly see which area was moisturized and which areas were not.   It doesn't FEEL any more hydrated in that area either.

This is extremely disappointing for me on many levels.  First, a bottle of this stuff costs almost $13 in my area.  That is expensive for a lotion if you ask me.  Second, Jergens has always been a brand I have found to be EXTREMELY moisturizing and was always a close second to my all time favorite Avon lotions so for them to miss the boat on hydration is just an all around fail.  Third, Jergens has had many products in the past including self tanning moisturizers that worked VERY well for making the skin look better while also leaving the skin as soft as a baby's butt, so it's not like they don't know how to get these things right.  Not only would I suggest almost any other lotion for the purpose of hydration over this one and any other firming lotion as well, I would also suggest just about any self-tanner, body bronzer, illuminating lotion, or body makeup (like Sally Hansen), or treatment cream over this one for the purpose of visibly illuminating or correcting or evening skin tone.

I should also mention that the fragrance is very unusual for a lotion as well.  I like the scent.  It is more of a flowery perfume fragrance than a scent you would expect from a body cream.  The problem is that it is VERY strong.  I'm not typically sensitive to scents, but I have to say just having that little bit on my hand is starting to give me a bit of a headache.  Luckily it doesn't last much more than an hour or two really.  Having the scent further away on my legs is fine, but having it all over my body or at all closer to my face is just too overpowering.  While I do enjoy the scent I would enjoy a lot less of it a lot more.  I don't think I've ever said that before in my life.

I have heard one person say to skip the light skin tones version and go straight to the darker version and maybe that one is better, but I have to say I really can not get on board with this.  It is just too expensive and there are just too many other options out there that are better and Jergens as a brand can do better plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment