Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Day In The Beauty Life

So the other day I promised you a photo showing how my nails turned out with the Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Lacquer in Styled Out.


Just a great denim blue with flecks of silver throughout for added interest.  I did my nails as part of a look I was replicating.  It turned out like this...


The look started with my Avon Glimmersticks Chromes in Night Star and then I smoked out the edges with the Wet 'n Wild Coloricon trio in Don't Steal My Thunder.  If you'd like to see swatches of these two products then comment below and I will happily do that for you.

Now, my beauty week has been a little slow due to a recent family emergency, so I dropped a lot of the beauty tasks that I had intended to complete like a hot rock.  I'm skipping a few videos BUT I am still trying some new things.  One of these new things is a lipstick.  It is one of the Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipsticks in the color Coffee Creme.  I only have a sample of this particular color, but I've talked about these and shown the full size before either way.  You can click here if you want to see one of my full size colors.  I did swatch the sample for you so here is a peek.


It really is a pretty tan shade with a bit of an orange toffee hue to it.  It is very early 90's, and I wore colors just like this during and after college.  It has been fun doing it again but in an entirely different way.

I also pulled out a product that might make a few of you gasp and/or blush.  It's my Body Dew Moisturizing After Bath Oil from Pure Romance.  Yes... I said it... Pure Romance... the company that sells... well... you know.


I only have a mini size, but I'd buy the larger size eventually.  You are supposed to shower or bathe, spray yourself evenly, and then blot dry.  You can also add some to your bath water for a hot oil bath.  I have yet to try that option.  If you use it while you are still wet it does not get slick the way you would if you tried to apply sunscreen while wet.  It applies just like it would if you had already dried yourself off.  I actually prefer to just go ahead and dry off, but it really isn't for any reason other than I don't like to be wet for a single second longer than I have to.  I actually love the scent.  There is carnation oil in the ingredients, but if I had to guess I'd say there is likely also a very nice version of patchouli in there as well.  Patchouli gets a bad rap sometimes but usually only from 20-somethings that don't REALLY know what they are talking about when it comes to the fragrance.  If you've only smelled patchouli in a place that sells posters and lava lamps then I'd say you didn't sniff the greatest quality product most likely.  This smells very similar to baby oil, but better and hey... if a little pheromone action attracts you a hottie while you wear it then more power to you right?  I have been choosing to use it after my evening shower rather than after my morning shower though because I find the scent very soothing and calming and enjoyable at bedtime.  It relaxes me without being overpowering.

Well, like I said before.  I'm a bit behind on my beauty bonanza but I'll do my best to catch up soon.  In the meantime, what has been happening in your beauty world lately?  Let me know in the comments below.







1 comment:

  1. Love the eye look. you need to show us how to achieve this look.

    ReplyDelete