Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Day In The Beauty Life

I have a few items I've pulled out this week so far, but the first I want to show you because I have been using it the most.  It is the Femme Body Lotion from Avon.


I have been slathering this all over my skin after drying off from my shower in the morning and I am LOVING it.  The notes are jasmine, magnolia, and amberwoods.  It is just strong enough that I can breathe in the fragrance and feel invigorated and ready to start my day with a smile on, but is subtle enough to not be offensive or overpowering to anyone around me.  If you want something that makes you feel happy for a moment in time and starts your day off the right way then this is the scent for you.

Completely off topic here, but for all my readers I have a quick update... I pulled Potent Pleasures by Eloise James back out for a re-read.


It's basically a romance novel which I normally do not enjoy, but the main character is just sassy enough and there is just enough of a real plot to this story that I don't actually hate it and have read a few books in the series.  Still not my favorite kind of book to read but I've definitely read much MUCH worse.

Also off topic but worth mentioning... can we just give a quick cheer over Once Upon A Time being back on and the new Wicked spin it has?  WOO-HOO!  ok...now back to our regularly scheduled program.

It has been a good mail week for me.  I just opened a box to find that I get to try True Smooth by Coolway.  


Stay tuned to find out how that turns out.  I also got a few samples of Burberry Brit Rhythm 


in the mail, so I'm excited to use those up as well.

I've been trying to play catch up on filming and have completed one video for my website which will go up on Friday and a book review which will go live next Tuesday so watch for those.  I loaded another Organizational video which will go live on Thursday.  This Saturday there will be a new Ready, Set, Shop! video and so I have been putting away the products from last week and pulling out new ones for the next video.  A sneak peek of a few of the products in this Saturday's video include Covergirl Instant Cheekbones contouring blush in Peach Perfection, Ulta eyeshadows in 24K, Cashmere, Bronze, and Espresso, and N.Y.C. Smooth & Natural Matte Powder Foundation in Midtown Medium.  Ssshhhhhh!  That is special insider information for you guys only.  ;)

Now, on a more personal note I finished up my favorite lip liner from my everyday makeup routine.  You can get all the details about the products I've finished up most recently here.  So, the new product you will be seeing on my lips moving forward most likely will be Avon Glimmersticks in Red Brick.


I'm also well into my next week's worth of products so a few to mention include Philosophy kiss me - red very emollient lip balm.  Mine is the kind that came in the tub which you can't get anymore, but I did link the newest packaging which I'm sure works just as well.

I've also been using the Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure detoxifying cream cleanser.  It definitely has a perfume fragrance which smells exactly like a perfume I wore back in highschool, but I just can't put my finger on it.  It would run in the Exclamation, Navy, Coty for Women time frame and I'm leaning towards Emeraude if my memory serves me correctly.  It will probably drive me batty till the end of time unless I can find my old bottle of Emeraude and other such fragrances from the late 80s and figure it out.

The most random and unrelated thought for the day?  I'd like to go to Hong Kong Disneyland


and Tokyo


Why?  Well, why not?  I think I'd like to go to every Disney park on the planet.  Just putting it out there.








No comments:

Post a Comment