Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Day In The Beauty Life

I started my day by pulling out a new bar of soap.  I love shower gels, but I still use good old fashioned bars of soap to wash the important parts like my lady bits because the fragrance in shower gels and the acidity of some of them aren't a great idea when it comes to PH balance.  Shower gels were never meant to replace soap anyway.  They were designed to be used as part pf the exfoliation process, so I use them during my evening shower with a loofah for that purpose.  Back to the soap... I usually switch back and forth between something that feels more fancy and something that is more standard.  (Fancy soap for me just means one I can't buy almost everywhere or that is a little more expensive or packaged for gifting if you were wondering.)  Since I am finishing up a fancy L'Occitane soap I'm back to a bar of my standard Dial soap which I happen to like very much.  I can't recall the specific scent of this one.  I believe it is the Cranberry & Antioxidant scent, but I could be wrong.  Either way it is red and looks like this...


It smells amazing.  It lathers the way I like.  It doesn't dry out my skin.  It doesn't cause problems with my lady bits.  It leaves me feeling clean.  It is affordable.  That is all I need from a soap.  You can get some here if you want to try it.

Today is a new video day.  Staying organized can be a challenge for all of us.  I feel that if I make getting organized fun and and colorful and stimulating and creative it can actually help me want to check items off my list which means I'm more productive during the day.  If you want to see how I entice myself to keep going I will be breaking it down into a series of videos starting with this one.

I've also been trying to catch up on videos from my co-Mavens (if you are new to my blog I am Avon's Northeast Regional Makeup Maven), and show support to my District and Divisional girls.  Here are a few I watched today:  Jo StameyLorena HigdonBrittany Smith  Go show these girls some love!  Subscribe to their channels and tell them that I sent you because they will wonder how you found them.  (I always do.)

Speaking of subscribing... have you subscribed to this blog yet?  If you are interested in these types of blogs then you won't want to miss anything coming up.

*Insert work break where I watch Season 1 Episode 16 of The Garfield Show because I'm a giant kid at heart.  Tell me in the comments below which cartoon is your favorite and I might watch it next!*

This has nothing to do with beauty, but if you live near a Sam's Club you have got to try a wheel of the 3 Alarm Colby Jack Cheese.  It is so freaking good!

Anyway... I mentioned the other day that I have started using the Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in the color Flush, and I thought I would post a swatch for you here.



It is a sheer pink color that I actually did have to build up a little bit so you could see it in the photo.  What you can't see is that it does still maintain some of it's redness, but not in a scary unwearable way.  It is still just a pink flush to the cheek when it comes right down to it.  If you have never tried one of these before they feel sort of like a gel, but in solid form if that makes any sense at all.  They also are fragranced with a floral scent.  It is slightly on the sweeter, lighter side of florals, so while I find it slightly weird to scent a blush it isn't a scent that I mind even though I'm not a huge fan of florals.  Tarte is also known for including natural ingredients and this happens to be free of parabens, mineral oil, petrolatum, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate (when has a blush ever had SLS in it BTW???  I feel like this is a claim just for the sake of adding one more claim if you know what I mean.), and synthetic fragrance.

I've mentioned recently that I'm finding organizational videos very interesting lately, so if you like them too then here is another planner related video I watched today.  Oh!  and this one.  and even this one.  I just love seeing how other people fulfill their creative needs while finding ways to maintain productivity.

I also mentioned that I have been using my Bodycology Body Cream in Coconut Lime which you can't actually get anymore.  This is the part where I rub it in a little by inserting a photo showing the yummy body cream just before I use it.



Mmmmmmmnnnnn boy!  Does that smell good!  Hehe!  This is my ornery redheaded side showing itself.  Don't worry though.  There are plenty of other Bodycology scents to choose from and if you click here I actually did provide a link where you can get the updated version of this scent.  You're welcome!  :)

Speaking of products you can't get anymore... I also pulled out my Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Lotion in Black Raspberry Vanilla


It's the kind with the little black beads of anti-bacterial goodness with Vitamins B5, E, & Wheat Germ Oil


I know!  I know!  Now you want it too!  It really does smell so good!  Berry fruity with a hint of sugar.  The good news is that you can still buy the fragrance in other forms.  Start looking here and you will find many different options to choose from.



I have had it for months and haven't had the chance to use it yet.  It is a very pretty shimmery peach that definitely has some glittery bits to it.  


They melt in fairly well, but if you can't stand glitter you won't like it.

Anyway, it's late and that's about as much as I can get typed up and photographed and edited in one day even though there is a ton more I could share.  How was your day?  I'd like to know.



No comments:

Post a Comment