Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Day In The Beauty Life - Journal Entry 7-1-13

Today I was up really early.  I was having trouble sleeping anyway, but I still crawled out of bed by 6am.  The last week ended up being much busier than I had anticipated which means a video that I meant to film days ago was put off until this very moment.  Not only do I need to film it, but I have to get it edited, uploaded, and it is supposed to go live today at noon.  This is a collaboration video I am doing with my regional co-Mavens giving away all of our secrets.  Once my video was uploading I needed to get on the ball and take some photos of my 4th of July nail art and get a collage made and uploaded to share with my Mavens.  I created a few collages before I ended up with one I was happy with.  I will show you the nail art now.



Maybe I should show you the other collages and see if you think I chose the best one.





I guess I just decided simple was better and went ran with it.  What do you think?  Which do you like the best?

So once everything was done and my video was loaded I shared my link with my co-Mavens only to find out that I was more on top of the situation than I realized and ultimately we ended up postponing the video launch until tomorrow.  Hehe!   Isn’t that how it always goes?  I guess I could have slept in a little later, but at least it is done. 


Then at one point another of the Mavens requested a tutorial on how to re-create the nail art I had done.  I decided just to film a quickie impromptu video explaining how I did it since the 4th is almost here so there would be time for anyone who watched to get any last minute supplies they might need for it.  I was actually very flattered she asked and wished I could have done a full-on demonstration tutorial but my week is so packed I just didn’t think I could pull it off in time.  I’m always flattered when someone compliments me on my nail art because I always feel that my nails (or I guess I should say my attempts at nail art specifically) end up looking a bit sloppy when I do them myself.  That is partly because I can’t draw a straight line to save my life and partly because I’m guilty of not properly cleaning the edges when I’m done.  I also am not obsessive about keeping my nails all the same length because then they would always be short.  There is always one that gets used to pry something open at some point and eventually breaks off.  If I cut the rest down to match it every time it happens I would never have long nails.  I happen to like mine a bit longer, so there you have it.  I have a few good excuses regarding the not cleaning the edges thing though.  First is that because I can’t draw a straight line, generally when I try and clean around the edges I manage to screw up the polish on the nails that I intended not to touch.  Second is because too much nail polish remover is a bit harsh for my skin.  Third is because generally after one or two showers I find that the messy edges just peel away on their own anyhow and so it allows for some laziness on my part.  In my own defense, I have found that manicurists have found my nails a bit hard to keep tidy too I think because they are curved in a way that makes troughs along the sides between the nail and my skin quite deep.  They either have a lot of nail that is left bare along the sides or they get the polish down in there but have a hard time cleaning around the edges afterwards.  That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment