Thursday, April 12, 2012

Shopping Ideas: Bright Spring/Summer Dresses

The weather has been a bit dreary lately and after the 80+ degree weather we had in February I'm now suffering from a case of the blahs.  I decided to give myself a bit of a visual pick-me-up and here is what I came up with.  Color!  Color!!  Color!!!  I was looking for items that were bright and cheery and made me think of warmer weather.  I loved some of the dresses I found so much that I thought you would too, so lets' get started!

First up is this gorgeous silky dress with ruffles by Mark.  I've shown it twice because it come with detachable spaghetti straps.  The first photo shows it without them and the second with them attached.  I love everything about this dress!  I love the bare shoulder look.  I love the ruffles that help to hide that little bit of tummy we all hate.  Of course I love the color (fuchsia is such a sexy color isn't it?) and at $32 it is one of the most affordable dresses I found during my mini online shop-cation.  Here is the link for your shopping pleasure.

Next up is a cute little dress by Free People that is perfect for teens.  The Bright red is gorgeous and I love the umpire waist detailing.  It is a bit on the shorter side but the wide straps at the top keep the style modest and who doesn't wish we had shown off more of our legs while we still had them right? 

This BDG tank dress is the perfect slim and sexy yet simple style to show off your curves.  It couldn't be any easier to throw on and yet pulls your look together like you spent hours getting ready.  Add a shawl or a scarf if you'd like to add a bit more modesty to the look, but this yellow color is meant to light up a room so why not enjoy it?   A little positive attention never hurt anyone


These next three dresses show the variety you can find in color.  First is a more formal bright pink style that is perfect for a night out.  It is strapless and sexy with an umpire waist and pleating to hide the tummy.  Next is a more subtle yet equally sexy look.  The blue color still packs a wallop without drawing the obvious attention of a neon and the flowing fabric is sexy and soft and forgiving.  Last is a more bohemian, comfortable style in green but the ruffles add a girly touch that takes this dress from day to night



This dress is simple in white with fun eyelet details that make it cute for the day while the fitted bodice takes it right into night.  A dress like this lets you bring the color with a pair of statement earrings or a bright bag and shoes.  For a simple summer look line your arms with bangles and sport a bright pair of flip flops and you are out the door.

This dress might start off like a basic black dress but the print is to die for!  It's a simple tank dress and yet looks so sophisticated with the gorgeous floral pattern that for most of us we could even wear this into the office.  The size of the print makes it suitable for any body type.  This is not your grandmother's homemade floral dress!


So there you have it!  Some of my favorite dresses of the season.  What is your favorite way to wear color?

No comments:

Post a Comment