Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Day In A Nutshell - 30 Day Challenge Day 5

I woke up this morning basically because I needed a potty break.  I'm not sure what time I fell asleep but I know I shut off my podcasts at about 5:00 AM.  When I woke up I expected it to somewhere between 6:00 and 7:00 AM.  I felt so tired and really didn't want to get up but knew my bladder was going to make me so  I was thinking to myself how good it was going to feel to get it over with and get right back in bed under the covers.  I rolled over to get up and looked at the clock and HOLY COW it was almost 11:00 AM!!!  I was devastated and concerned and shocked all at the same time.  I couldn't believe it was that late!  I blame that part on the drastic weather change we have had recently.  It has been gloomier and much colder and the light that streams in my window and the cool temperatures at 11:00 AM are the same as the light and temperatures of the early morning hours last month.  My perception has not yet caught up to the changing season.  So, I was shocked that it was so late and I was devastated that I was not going to be able to crawl back into bed AND I was concerned.  Concerned because my eyes felt like I haven't slept in weeks and that ALWAYS means I am getting or already am sick.  Now, you all know I have been sick and haven't quite kicked it yet but the state of my eyes this morning had me wondering if I don't have either round 2 or another illness all-together festering in my body and waiting to attack.  Do your eyes feel like they can't open and are sunken in and feel like you haven't slept in weeks when you are getting sick or is that just me?  Tell me in the comments because I really would like to know.  Anyway, now that I am awake I do still feel tired and like I need to let myself get some more sleep, but in general I don't feel horrible.  I still have the same amount of lingering illness hanging on like I did yesterday but all in all I don't have any other obvious indicators of anything bad coming so that's good.

Speaking of commenting... I want to remind everyone that this platform is a form of SOCIAL MEDIA which means you are supposed to be SOCIAL here.  That means you are supposed to ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE here by commenting, liking, sharing, and whatnot and make sure you have subscribed because we are building a family of friends here and if you don't subscribe you will miss out on that.  In fact, if you have a friend that you think would enjoy becoming a part of our family then share this blog with them as well.  It's always more fun to do things together.  Now I do appreciate my faithful readers and love that you enjoy my writing and come back day after day to keep up with the latest but if you don't comment and tell me how you are doing and give me feedback then it becomes a bit more stalker-ish and a bit less social.  I actually want to know who you are and how you are doing and what you are into and even get feedback so PLEASE do not forget to actively participate while you are here.  Getting to know you is super duper important to me!

Day 4 of my 30 Day Challenge went well!  I really wanted a second soda with my dinner but I sucked it up and had a glass of water instead and all is well.  If you are new to this blog feel free to start your own 30 Day Challenge.  Just click where it says 30 Day Challenge and follow the directions on how to start your challenge.  It doesn't matter if you're not on the same day as we are.  What matters is that you start.  By the way, anything you see on my blog in that hot pink color is a link and sometimes the photos are links as well and by clicking on them I take you directly to whatever it is I happen to be talking about so you can enjoy it as well.  I only share the things I am super passionate about in some way so if you enjoy the same hings I do and can relate to my personality then I encourage you to check out the links regularly.  You might find some gems that you didn't know existed and will be able to add one more thing to your own personal "Things That I Enjoy" list.  That is the whole reason I am here in the first place... to help people enjoy life in both big and small ways.  Hopefully I will succeed.

So, I needed to play catch up on my Joel Osteen viewing.  I'm not a huge fan of his and sometimes I just play his show in the background and it doesn't really reach me but every now and then he says something that really resonates with me.  Just by the nature of the programming he can be a controversial figure but if his message reaches you at the exact time that you need it then that is the universe working on your behalf.  Some people love him and some people hate him and most people fall somewhere in between and that middle ground is a pretty good place to be.  No matter how you feel about Joel Osteen and his particular message if you enjoy uplifting spiritual music then I encourage you to try the album called Free To Worship.  


Click the link or the picture and preview the album first and if you enjoy what you hear then download the entire album for $9.99 or purchase individual songs for $.99.  Since it will then be in your iTunes list you can transfer it to a disk to take in your car or add it to your MP3 playlists or even listen to it on your phone, table, desktop, or laptop.  If you are thirsty for inspiration or for your own quiet moments of enjoyment or for just something to fill up your tank then this might be just the thing for you.  Check it out!  It never hurts to try something new.

Next up... the Ohio State vs. Kent St. football game.

GO BUCKEYES! 

I just have to show you this...


A tomboy girly girl's DREAM right?!?

Sorry... fashion distracted.

Anyway...

I'm also about 3 episodes behind on The Real Housewives of New Jersey.  There might be a reason for that.  I'm just sayin'...

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

This season is just too fake.  It feels like they are TRYING to do things to be interesting for TV which has the reverse affect for me.

Did you know that there is an album that is called A Tribute To The Real Housewives Of New Jersey?  Talk about a conversation piece!  I had a boyfriend back in the day who used to love lounge singer type music.  It was just his sense of humor.  This isn't lounge singer-y really but I TOTALLY would have bought him this album for realz.  In fact, now I'm trying to think of a party theme just so I can have an excuse to play this album.  What could it be?  Give me some ideas in the comments.

I'm also behind in episodes of The Witches of East End.  It has the same feel for me as Ravenswood did meaning it is so close to being a huge hit, but they are missing the mark by a margin.  If you liked The Secret Circle you might like this.  

That's probably enough for today.  How did you spend your Saturday?  Let me know!  See you on the flipside.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still at 2 iced teas a day
    Yahoo. Spent Saturday watching Ohio state and then went to Fairborn's Show and Shine Car show. Heading back this afternoon for judging.

    ReplyDelete