Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Day In The Beauty Life - Journal Entry 7-5-13

Today wasn’t a super exciting day from a reader’s standpoint.  I’m still trying to recover from that last week or two.  I just can’t seem to get enough sleep no matter what I do.  I’m waking up over and over and over again for whatever reasons and just feel like I need to sleep for a few days straight.  I did still work during the day as I always do, but there were many things I should have done that I just couldn’t find the energy to tackle.  What I DID do though was bury myself in Fall 2013 fashion trends.  The August magazines are out and you can refresh your memory online regarding the runway shows.  I feel like the fashion world needs a good strict talking to.  It is more of the same old same old.  I’m starved for something that is actually new and inventive that changes fashion forever.  I feel like we haven’t had a look that defines a generation since grunge.  20 boring years is not great.  Anyhow, if you want a sneak peek into what will be hot for fall I can sum it up for you like this… denim on denim (again), we have downgraded from “Oxblood” to “Wine”, more graphic prints, winter white, statement jewelry, deep greens like olive, hunter, and moss, deeper satiny jewel tones, boots and hats (as always), and of course layers, layers, and more layers.  Super exciting stuff if you are under the age of 15 maybe?  A game of “these are my friends Pete and Repeat” if you aren’t.    I suppose I will keep my hopes up for Spring 2014 which will show itself in just a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment