Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Day In The Beauty Life - Journal Entry 5-25-13, 5-26-13, & 5-27-13

My Saturday morning started off with one of those dreams where you are trying to accomplish something but get absolutely nowhere with one interruption after another.  Have you ever had one of those dreams?  For most people it is a dream where they are trying to escape some impending doom or complete a task that in real life they are stressed about and in the dream they absolutely must get done like homework, or a test, or a project for work, or some other similarly sometimes overwhelming task.  Not for me.  I’m a beauty girl!  In my dream I was supposed to be leaving the location to go to some sort of event and needed to put my makeup on and everything imaginable was keeping me from being able to make it happen.  There was an attractive man that kept dropping in that required my attention (I blame that on reading a historical novel late Friday night with scenes of a dinner party where the hostess was required to entertain her guests in the overtly historically polite way you only read about in historical novels), children that needed to be supervised (who of course did not belong to me but due to a lack of parental supervision somehow managed to repeatedly enter the location that was supposed to be my home chasing each other like a bunch of rapscallions), and quite a few other occurrences that I began to forget as soon as I woke up as you often do when you wake up from a dream.  There was even a shooting of the gang related type that happened outside a bedroom window/balcony that apparently was mine and a visit from a snarling werewolf if you can believe that.  Only a beauty girl dreams about putting on makeup in such an exciting manner as this!

The first thing I did was pull out the Grosgrain Wrap Watch. 


I have it in red but you can also order it in either red or blue here.  I also remembered that I DO actually have a brow product I could pull out which is the Revlon ColorStay Brow Enhancer in #002 Light Brown/Champagne.   

My work day included a video and some blogging and photo taking as it often does along with my normal interaction with customers and the process of suggesting products.  In the evening I made a trip to CVS to check out the 50-75% off sale to keep up with which products are likely being discontinued.  Then I went past Ulta just to see if there was anything new.  There wasn’t although I was sad to see that there was only one more NYX Be Free color palette left.  It’s a really nice palette which I’d love to have, but just would not buy for myself mainly because palettes by nature are generally on the higher end of a line regardless of what brand it is and the restrictions I put on buying for myself don’t allow for that type of treat even if it is only $20.  Just seeing that I am one palette away from never being able to have it makes me a little sad. 

Since it is the holiday weekend I decided that I wouldn’t focus on anymore work that night (yeah right) and sat down to watch the movie The Man.  I followed that up with some work around the house.  So exciting!  Not!

Sunday morning I did a bit more reading.  I did a bunch of household chores.  I added the Advanced Techniques 360 Nourish Moroccan Argan Oil Leave-in Treatment to my morning hair care routine.  (LOVING it!)  Pulled out my Mark. Eye Shadow brush.  (You can buy both of those here.)  I also dug out my Hard Candy Blush Crush baked Blush in #127 Honeymoon.  Ran back to CVS to see what else they had marked down that they hadn't tagged yet the day before.  More chores.  I also finished my Bath & Body Works Leaves mini candle.  Another exciting day.  I know!


Monday morning I put on my red white and blue since it was Memorial Day.  LOVE my troops!  I pulled out my Rare Pearls perfume and my Palladio Waterproof Retractable Lip Liner in Raspberry and completed an obligation to create a look using a Cosmic product, snapped some pics, and loaded it all to social media. You can see it here.

Cosmic eyeshadow in purple haze on the lid and along the lower lash line, Cosmic eyeshadow in celestial taupe in the crease, Glimmersticks Cosmic eye liner in Purple Haze smudged along the lower lashes and dramatically winged out on top.

 I ran by Barnes & Noble.  Had lunch out with family.  Worked for a few hours.  Watched The Real Housewives of Orange County.  Started my normal evening routine of editing and journaling and got myself back on track with my normal nighttime routine of skincare and a second shower.  I also finished my Anew Clinical Absolute Even Multi-Tone Skin Corrector in the process.  All in all not your typical holiday vacation but exactly the kind of relaxing weekend a beauty girl enjoys.

No comments:

Post a Comment