Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Day In The Beauty Life - Journal Entry 5-22-13

My life in the beauty world tends to have beauty and fashion activities sprinkled throughout it and today my beauty day went a little bit like this…  First I painted my nails with two coats of Avon’s Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel in Jade.  


I had been leaving them clean since the weather was getting a bit warmer.  Usually in the summer I paint my toenails and let my fingernails breathe, but the next week is only supposed to be in the upper 60’s lower 70’s which means my toes will stay covered, so I decided I may as well add some color back to the nails.  I was going to add a clear coat over the top later in the evening but fell asleep before that ever happened as we beauty girls sometimes do.  Sleep didn’t happen before I got in E! News,  two episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond, and two episodes of The Nanny though!  Don’t you just love reruns?  I did miss Chelsea Lately however.  Just couldn’t hold out long enough.


Prior to sleep but after polish it was time to dig out the products I will be featuring over the next two weeks.  As you know I sell Avon and a new catalogue comes out every two weeks, so prior to each catalogue launch I scour them to decide what product I want to feature each day during those two weeks.  Here is a sneak peek into the products you will see me sporting and talking about during this time.


Of course for every Avon item I feature I also feature at least one non-Avon product, but you will have to stay tuned to my social media sites to find out what those products will be.

On a non-makeup note: I watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.  Thank you Redbox for the free stream!  I actually quite liked it which was surprising to me.  It wasn’t what I expected which might have made me like it more than I would have if my expectations had been spot on ahead of time.  Does that make any sense?  I wasn’t expecting to like it.  I had expectations of how it was made which had they been true would have ensured my not liking it.  It did not fit those preconceived notions which made me end up liking it after all.  If I had known ahead of time how it ACTUALLY was made I might not have liked it quite as much as I did, but would have still probably liked it to some extent.  Ultimately the pleasantly surprised aspect of my liking it probably made me like it more than I would have in the previous sentence’s explanation of possible outcomes.  And now that you are thoroughly confused I will see you in the next A Day In The Beauty Life journal entry.



No comments:

Post a Comment