Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Shop! Gap

Every now and then I like to check out what's new at stores I rarely ever shop in.  One of these stores for me is Gap.  To be honest I don't even know for sure if we still even have a Gap in my mall if that tells you anything.  It's not that I don't like the store.  It's just that I don't get excited by it either.  I haven't thought about it in ages until a few weeks ago when I saw a print ad for it in a magazine and figured it was as good a time as any to take a peek.  I decided to pick a few items that I liked most from a few segments and here they are.
 First up is the Exclusive Gap + Clu fleece hoodie.  Extremely overpriced at $69.95 it might not seem like much to look at but considering it was surrounded by boring t-shirts and overdone plaid/imitation flannel shirts it really was the the item that had the most appeal, comfort, and adaptability when it comes to current style trends.
Next up is the Gap Pure colorblock cardigan.  Priced at $58 (don't choke on your gum) this fitted boyfriend style cardigan combines the perfect amunt of fall color with just enough brightness to keep things interesting.  If you are still feeling a bit underwhelmed rest assured that the other choices included boring turtlenecks and similar ribbed sweaters and I would never steer you wrong.

This next item I actually really do like if only they would drop the price by at about 30 to 40 dollars.  $59.95 is a bit much in this day and age, but these 1969 legging cords are a great combination of color and fit and texture and style.  Perfect for fall!

I do also love these Minnetonka fringe booties priced at $59.95.  At least this price is more in line with what you might find at other stores when shopping for boots.  I will always love Native American styling and fringe  and the look of brown suede for fall, so as long as they are as comfortable as a moccasin should be I'm completely on board.

So there you have it!  These are a few items I would choose all of which can be found at http://www.gap.com/  What do you think?  What are a few of your favorite items this fall?



No comments:

Post a Comment