Friday, September 20, 2013

Spring 2014 Runway Favorites

Can we talk Spring 2014 color for a second???  OH MY WOW!  I have one word for it... SATURATION.  Now, of course as happens every single spring there will be a tug of war between the bold colors and the pastels.  Maybe it is because it is fall now and I'm over the wimpy summer shades we have been into, but as of today my vote is for bold brash intense COLOR.  Not just any color mind you.  Just because it is bold and bright will not make it a winner in my book.  If you want to get Spring 2014 right then you have to go with the colors that are just a touch different than we are used to ever seeing.  Below are a few of my favorite examples of this.  Blow these pictures up as big as you can and just soak in the brightness in all its glory.

Take this shade of intense strawberry? for example.  It's not cherry red.  It's not Raspberry.  It's not tomato.   It's not a deep pink.  And yet... it is all of these colors and more.

Marissa Webb

New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014 Runway Show



Or how about this AMAZING blue?  I can't even think of a single gemstone that replicates this amount of blueness.

Ralph Lauren

New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014 Runway Show


There are going to be a few colors that are a bit less wearable depending on your skintone and I don't even care.  Give it to me!  I will wear it strawberry blond hair and all!  These next two fall into this category.  This particular one is what I imagine it would look like if a pineapple and a blood orange had a baby.  Or even a plum and a nectarine maybe?  It's just GORGEOUS!

Oscar de la Renta

New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014 Runway Show


Normally I'm not a big fan of yellow, but COME ON!  This is BEAUTIFUL!  In fact, I think they should name this color COME ON Yellow.  I mean if Michelle Obama is not wearing this dress to something this summer then my life will not be complete.

Pamela Roland

New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014 Runway Show

Good efforts from the gauzy shades of pastel and all.  Normally I would have been all about you, but for 2014 I want color so intense I can practically smell it.

What were your favorite trends for Spring 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment