Saturday, April 2, 2011

Purple French Tip Nails for Spring

This is a very pretty look for spring and a great twist on the original french tip look. Keep in mind that I do not have a very steady hand, so your attempt at this look will surely come out cleaner and neater than mine, but you get the idea.

To get this look I used two coats of Ulta Salon Formula Nail Lacquer in Tutu Cute and the stripe at the nail tips is China Glaze Nail Lacquer with Hardeners in Grape Pop. I did not use a stencil,stickers, or tape to keep my line straight because I am a bit too lazy to worry myself with it, but if you have them on hand they can sometimes help to keep the lines a bit neater and cleaner, so go ahead and use them if you'd like. It IS a bit important to use colors that have the same type of finish and intensity and opaqueness to pull this look off, but rules are made to be broken, so feel free to break this one.

Tutu Cute is a pretty deep lilac/lavender cream color that is very opaque.

Grape Pop is a classic opaque cream purple with a similar finish and tone to Tutu Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment